Monday, October 11, 2010

Artalicious Weekend




This weekend I had oodles of fun! On Saturday, I attended an encaustics workshop to learn new techniques. My instructor Mazarine is simply fabulous and I highly recommend her! Am planning on attending another session with her next week if I can work out some car issues. You can read more about the fabulous class here.

Some more pieces I made...

This one with a real blow torch! Yeah!



And coming to terms with simplicity! This was my favorite piece!


On Sunday, I met with my fabulous 12X12 women! Bublacious Nikki hosted the get together. I wish I could say that I actually painted during the get together but I really didn't. I watched with fascination as Niki drew and then water colored a fabulous piece! You can view her artwork here. I have to say that having no talent to draw, she was fascinating! I could simply watch her paint forever!

I also met for the first time Kathleen McElwaine. She is a well known local artist who takes local transportation to go to work and paints! On the bus! Or the train! Shame on me for complaining that I don't have time to paint! When you love to draw and paint, you can find the time and the place. During our session,  Kathleen painted a small orange blob. At least that is what it looked like to me. And within moments, transformed into a longhorn! I promise to post a photo soon. I was so very fascinated and green with envy! What in the world am I doing hanging out with these talented artists?

Oh well. I had so much fun!

So what did you do this weekend?

3 comments:

mythopolis said...

I especially like that last one!! Where did you get all those little electronic components?

Scriber's Web said...

@Mythos: That was my fav too! Alex gave me these parts from her old computer. I love them!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Your favourite is my favourite too. What a great weekend you had!!
Just noticed the WV - tolate. Hope I'm not 'tolate' to comment!