Saturday, August 1, 2009

This and that...


First, I've not had internet access for last 2-3 days. It was no fun.

This morning I woke up and went to view my blog. And got the shock of my life. Somehow, the discreet ads I place on my blog turned into huge photo ads and I saw some photos of things I did not want to see on my blog. I scrambled to change it. If you saw those ads, many apologies.

We have some friends visiting us and yesterday, we went to the Emerald Marina in Austin and rented a boat for a couple of hours. We had a great time. After the boat ride, we went to have dinner at a barbecue joint and came home and watched movies.

I am going to cook dinner today for everyone. I have a standard menu that I always make when cooking Indian food for parties. Every time I deviate from that, people feel disappointed. They must have my chicken curry. Since they like it so much, I figure it is easier for me to just give in and make what they want to eat. I can always experiment later. It gives me so much pleasure to cook for people. I'd rather make what they love.

The other thing that is happening today is that I have to drop off 5 pieces of artwork at a prestigious bank. They will be displaying my work for a month or more. This opportunity just kinda fell in my lap. It is amazing to me how these things happen...

An old friend and neighbor of mine emailed me a while back and asked me if I was interested in displaying my work with other artists at this bank. She regularly displays her work there and it had been there for a while so she wanted to change it.

Of course I jumped at the opportunity. Later on, when we discussed dropping off artwork, she told me to bring as many pieces as I could. There was plenty of room. So, me being the opportunistic person that I am, immediately asked if we could also display my friend Carol's work. I had no idea if Carol would agree but no harm in asking. Right?

Much to my delight, Carol agreed to display some work there. We even asked another friend of hers to join us.

I am so happy that things turned out this way. I have to drop off the artwork today at noon. Thank God Carol will be there. We are supposed to talk to the bank manager who is expecting us and to hang the frames. Some kind of putty is also involved but I have no idea what that means.

I do not know how to hang frames and certainly do not know what putty to buy. Plus I am terrified of talking to the bank manager. Carol will take care of all of that. She is an awesome mentor and a good friend. Frankly, even if she was not displaying any work there, she would have come to the bank to talk to the manager and hang the frames for me. She's just that kinda gal.

6 comments:

Nan Patience said...

When it comes to putty, I'm quite a dummy myself, but congratulations on the show. It's great to have pals who know what they're doing.

mythopolis said...

I am glad you are finding more ops to show your work! I'm assuming the putty has to do with hanging the art without having to make holes in the walls. And oh, I simply must have some of your chicken curry too!!!!

Carol said...

Awwe, Scriber, you did just fine, but thanks for the kind words. The show looks fabulous.

(And, yes, the "sticky putty" is the stuff used to hang up posters and the like-we used it to stick the labels to the walls.)

Chicken curry sounds really good right about now. Yum.

BLOGitse said...

chicken curry - nam!

great you can show your work, great! i'm happy for you! :)

BLOGitse said...

Hi!
I just came to tell you that I have a party on my blog today!
There's a belly dancer etc. - WELCOME! :)

Nicole said...

Congrats on the bank deal!
That's awesome :D

And yeah for good times :)