Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mellow Yellow




Happy February!

One of the favorite photography subjects for me has always been flowers. I love shooting them and have a instant chemistry with them. It shows up in the photos. Chemistry with the subject is an important element in photography. You have to have it to create fabulous captures. This became clear to me when I took photos of some extremely rare and interesting cars. I really am not into cars. And regardless of how beautiful the cars were, my photos ended up being super boring and blah.

This month, I want to share my flower photos. Yes I know every flower has already bee photographed by much superior photographers from every angle. But... since this is the month of celebrating love, I'll share with you my favorite photo subject.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

mythopolis said...

The colors of flowers are a welcome relief in the drabness of mid-winter!

Nicole said...

That's the perfect colour for my current mood.
All's grey here :)
Lovely shot!

Scriber's Web said...

Mythos: It was 74 degrees 2 days ago. Today it is 18 degrees. So strange!

Nicole: Thanks! It is very grey here also. Cold, cold cold!