Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chilli Contest



Sometimes you take control of your life, plan things and do them. Other times, things just happen and you find yourself doing things you never really envisioned doing.

Today I find myself committed to making chilli for a competition. With at least 9 other contestants. At a very popular restaurant in Austin.

How did I get myself into this? Why did I get myself into this?

Le sigh!

As far as recipe goes, I don't have any. Usually I just start dumping  stuff in a pan. And add tons of spices. I prefer to go from the left of my shelf rack to the right. Everything goes. And then I just smell the chilli to see if it is right or not.

Needless to say, I am in huge trouble today. There are some serious chilli makers and then there is me.

I'll keep you posted.

So what are your plans this weekend?

3 comments:

Ballerina Girl said...

how fun!! Even if you do not win, I'm sure you will have a good chili! no recipe types are the best...and certainly not my style, hahha! I need all the help I can get!

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing about it! Wish I could be there to taste them all!

BG

mythopolis said...

I love chili! I make mine extra hot by dumping in a can of Rotels...the one that has habaneros in it. It makes me cry when I eat it!

Lisa said...

You made chili and I made red bean soup... Love hte fly by attitude you live by!

May the week bring you adventure, good food and time with friends.
Lisa