Monday, June 1, 2009

Hotness


Phew the month of May flew by! I had so many plans, so many things to do, and so many deadlines for May. Some I made it, some I didn't. The fact that my computer had to go to rehab for being naughty was a huge curve ball for me. I was lost and disoriented.

Oh well. Here comes June. And it is going to be a hot, hot month. Already the temperatures are close to a 100 degrees.

But, I have 2 gallery shows this month. One in Baltimore and another in Austin. I am super excited about that.

In other news, a lone tomato grew in my veggie garden. I waited forever for it to turn red. And then when I went to pick it, I discovered that it had already been eaten by a bird or another animal. I was so disappointed! That tomato cost me a fortune!

Moving along...

Every month, I tend to write down my goals for the month. What do I want to accomplish? What do I need to do? Etc. Etc.

So this month, I thought I'd share my goals for June with you...

  • Plan the July vacation to Atlanta/Savannah. Book hotel, get airline tickets and plan clothes. The planning clothes part is very important because we are attending a traditional 3 day Indian wedding in Atlanta. Then we need beach clothes for Savannah.
  • Work on my website. I've been trying to build my own website for a couple of months but it has been on a back burner. I already have my domain, hosting and am now wrestling with wordpress. Ugh. This month I'll research a decent template for my site and plug that in. I tried to get help from some unemployed students but these darn young kids have no sense of responsibility. They say they want to work but they really don't. That's all I have to say about that. So I am looking into templates and going to do it all by myself. How hard can it be? PHP and CSS here I come! My goal is to launch phase 1 of my web site in July. We'll see how it goes.
  • Print and frame stuff for my gallery show. While this may sound easy, trust me, it is not. Printers have a mind of their own. And I have to figure how how to matte the darn stuff. It seems overly complicated.
  • Take photographs of Concordia University. As a part of a photo group I recently got in, we have to take photos and I may even create a book for this.
That should keep me busy this month.

So tell me, what are your plans this month? And are you a crazy person like me who plans and overplans these thing?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Thesis Template for Wordpress and I like it. I could use the help of a RESPONSIBLE wordpress guru also. My plans for this month include a possible trip to the mountains. Getting my website design finished. Getting my website built. Blogging more: http://fullmeasure.wordpress.com/ I am also researching squidoo.

Anonymous said...

Wow. You know I can always help either one of you in CSS/XML and Wordpress templates. I just completed my new blog site setup, configuration, and plugin installation.

Leaving a Trail

Focus: My goals for the month are to identify where I'm going to live since I just ended my lease on my apartment, post 3 posts per week on my new blog, and start to generate some new traffic interest in travel writing. I'm also going to hopefully accept some freelance technical work, technical writing, and/or travel writing work. In the fitness realm, I'm working out 5 times a week for the next month. Oh! And I had my last diet soda on Saturday! Taking that one day by day though.

mythopolis said...

This month I am going to change all of my evil ways and start a whole bunch of new evil ways! Seriously though, I definitely plan to clean up that splatter of spaghetti sauce on my keyboard so the keys will quit stickinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg

W V : ovolor...when one oval is more oval than another oval.

BLOGitse said...

You're going to be very busy this month with all those goals! Good luck!
My only goal is to have the operation and asap get well and back to my own life...+ plans but they have to wait now...

Sumit said...

All the best, Scriber! :)

I'm sure you'll achieve much more than your goals, and simply rock.

Scriber's Web said...

webmina: I am looking into thesis also. But I want to explore Wordpress before I buy it. I'll keep you posted. Love your blog! Love the customer experience stories. I'll look into the squidoo stuff. Sounds very interesting! Trip to mountains sounds so very good!

Txaggiechick: Thanks! I am sure I will hit you up with questions! I'll have a ton of time to play with wordpress this weekend and that's what I need to figure the baby out.

Leaving a trail: Great goals! I checked out your blog site and it is great! I can't wait for you to write more!

Mythos: Might as well accept your defeat on day 1. But... I want your life:)

Blogitse: I try to stay busy to stay out of trouble:) I will be sending many many positive thoughts your way.

Scriber's Web said...

Sumit: Thank you my friend! I appreciate your good wishes and support!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a good month :)
And yes, I usually overplan :)
There are a couple of events I want to go to. There are pics I want to print out for a few people I have snapped (guys at the lake, at the market and such).
I want to do a testbook at the local supermarket instead of doing it online.
And as usual, I want to work on my website and online shops - haha ;)
Oh well, whatever comes and happens, fine with me :)

Scriber's Web said...

Nicole: Over planning is ok. You do what you get to do. What's left over, you can do next month:) Or not:) I am interested in your book project. Keep me posted about it!

Unknown said...

I will :)
If I EVER get the pics on my stick to go there ;)