Monday, June 22, 2009

Sago Palm

My sago palm has two babies.

Now the trick is going to be digging the babies up and transplanting it into a new location. Obviously a task best left for professionals.

I remember many many years ago when my hubby bought the plant. It was the most expensive plant we had ever bought. We planted it in our front yard. And it grew with a vengeance. After a few years, it completely blocked the entry to our home and we had to replant it in the back yard.

When we pulled it out with help of gardeners, we discovered that it had about 12 babies. I kept 4 babies and gave the rest away. The babies are now mature adults and are thriving.

And now these babies. I think I will keep them.

The return on investment on these plants has been so much better than my stock portfolio. Or my 401 K stuff.

Maybe I should buy some more sago palms?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They are lovely!
You should have kept the other 8 Babies, then you would maybe be a millionaire by now ;)

mythopolis said...

I really like Sago palms. We had one in our yard in San Antonio. I think the winters where I live now are too severe for them to survive. But I still miss that one.

W V: subia....a way to text suburbia.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Sssshhhhh! You will create a massive surge in world demand for sago palms. I, of course, have never heard of the sago palm - we used to have sago pudding for school dinners but that was made of rice... And your fine investment is far prettier than our school dinners.
Janice.

BLOGitse said...

buy more if you have a need - for more babies... :) (more plants = more to take care...)