Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Bad...



So here is what happened this weekend. I was supposed to go to my close friend's boy friend's birthday bash. I was excited about it and even made 50 pieces of tandoori chicken. Then there was some miscommunication between me and my friend and I ended up not going at all.

And I deeply hurt her feelings and disappointed her.

I felt like a total dirt bag.

Fortunately she is kind and generous so forgave me. But I just felt bad about myself.

Have you ever been in a situation where you unintentionally hurt someone?

Yuck.

It sucks.

4 comments:

mythopolis said...

Oh, that hurts! Yes, I didn't go to a friend's 60th birthday bash and he hasn't spoken to me since. I didn't mean to offend him, but it was going to be a big party, and I get all claustrophobic around lots of milling about people. I tried to communicate this to him, but he hasn't responded. : (

Kala said...

Aww, and you even made the chicken. Miscommunications happen, even between friends. I'm glad you worked it out with her.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Hope it's all resolved. Yes, it's easy to hurt people, however much we don't intend to and wouldn't want to. I guess the answer is to apologise when we do, and to explain what we really meant, and for them to respond in like manner.

Tea Knee said...

That is awful, but true friendships always bounce back. I had a similar situation and it change the dynamics. It has been several years and sadly I am still waiting for the water to be under the bridge. I will keep waiting ;-)