Friday, September 10, 2010

Unknown Flower



During the rain storm that lasted for days, I saw something red in my backyard. It was pouring outside so I grabbed my camera with the macro lens to see what it was. Yes I often use the macro lens as a magnifying glass. 

Much to my surprise, it was this lovely flower. I don't know what it is. I certainly did not plant it last fall. Probably a few years ago and it never flowered. Love surprises from nature!

Since it was pelting outside, I grabbed an umbrella, scissors and darted outside to rescue the flower. Yesterday I took photos of it with my iPhone and various apps. The top picture you see is taken by an app called CameraPlus. It is free and offers numerous features. 

This one is taken using an app called Hipstamatic. I think I paid 1.99 dollars for it. Cool effects. Right? The only thing I need to figure out is how to make this larger.



For this one I used an app called CamZoom another free app. But could not get it to focus for some reason. Oh well...


So anyone know the name of the flower?

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

mythopolis said...

Cool shots...hot flower! I'm not sure, but I think that is a "Whatchamacallititus Thingamajigavore." They are pretty, but carnivorous. So, be careful!

Head Pickle said...

Awww crud, I should know the answer to your flower question. I had a similar flower show up in one of my shoots back at the beginning of August and I remember learning the name, but now I can't remember it.

Nicole said...

I love that hipsta app and that flower is awesome!
No idea what it is though.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Don't know what the flower is but I really like the hipstamatic effect - that's what gives it the 'shabby' edges, right?