Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pay it forward: 2


I wrote about the pay it forward project a while back here.

The idea is simple. You write a post about it and announce that you will give a hand made items to 3 people who are interested. You have 1 year to do this. The recipients in return write a post on their blog and offer 3 hand made items to their readers.

The concept is about creating a hand made item and giving it to people.

Recently, I got this wonderful hand made wooden box from Mythos. He will correct me if I am wrong here but he found a dead tree, cured it, let it dry and created this with his own hands.

How gorgeous is that? I love, love, love it! Thank you!

I am still working on my 3 giveaways. Actually it is going to be more like 4 giveaways. Frankly, I haven't started yet. But it is not like I am procrastinating. I am visualizing, conceptualizing, blah, blah...

If you want to pay it forward, you can find the info here.

7 comments:

mythopolis said...

It was great fun making things for others. It's not so much about the object, as the idea of taking time to just freely do something for someone else. Just do it, as they say. It paid for itself in the act! (Glad you liked it : )

Nan Patience said...

that's a wonderful box!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

They're all wonderful. It's great to see all three. They're fab, Dan! Now, we just have to work on ours....

Crone and Bear It said...

Hi - found u thru Alphainventions and I really am enjoying your blog. I especially like this Pay it Forward idea with the handmade gifts and I'm going out on a limb (oh my) and join in the fun of this idea. I'm also adding you to my blogroll. I sure am glad I have 365 days to do this! Cheers!

mythopolis said...

Just do it! You won't be sorry.

Scriber's Web said...

Mythos: Yes it is a ton of fun! This box (as others) were simply gorgeous!

Nan: Hey there! Yes I love it!

Janice: Isn't he a keeper? I can't believe he beat us to it though:) We must work faster. Faster! LOL.

Croneandbearit: Thank you so much for visiting and commenting! Like Mythos says, just do it. You won't be sorry. The most fun part is making something. You'll enjoy it!

Nicole said...

Another awesome piece!
:)