Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike is coming!






Ladies and Gentleman!

You may know that the hurricane Ike is coming to Texas.

It is expected to land somewhere near Galveston. On Friday night. I live in Austin and we are expecting rain on Saturday.

Houston airport is closed this weekend. So I had to move my trip out. Instead of leaving Saturday, we are leaving on Monday.

But that is not a very big deal to me. My heart simply goes out to all the people who are affected by this. Imagine having to evacuate. Not knowing what your home will look like when you return. Best wishes to all those in the path of Ike.

Photo: Las Vegas, Venetian

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I feel so bad for Houston area too. Continental keeps sending us memos via fax. Did you extend your stay there and coming home later or did you lessen your amount of days?

Happy Friday..please be safe.
BTW, I'm going to preface this with..I really love my hubby. To answer your question on my blog. The book signing I'm going to is for a wrestler's autobiography. I just love my hubby. (LOL!!..I gotta keep reminding myself that!! LOL!) Since he works weekends, it is hard for him to go to everything he wants to so he makes me. Ugh!!!

Ballerina Girl said...

I lived in Houston for 5 years, and still have some friends that live there.
I wrote to each of them last night offering my best wishes and prayers that they are safe...
Hopefully it will not be as bad as predicted, but the reality is that we just do not know...

Happy Weekend, and have a great trip!
BG