Monday, February 1, 2010

Love is not a rainbow


Love. That's what its all about.

This month, I am dedicating my blog to love. Yes this cold, cynical, brutal, analytical, bitter heart of mine is going to focus on love. After all, that's what life is about. 

Love comes in all kinds of shapes and sorts. And it is really not just romantic love that counts. There are all kinds of love. Out of all the emotions humans feel, I think love is the most powerful feeling. It can invoke a whole range of other emotions. May the powers that be have mercy on us and guide us.

Happiness, sadness, angst, passion, lust, jealousy, fear, loneliness, unhappiness, pride, passion, joy, gut wrenching pain, heart break, surprise, shock, awe, butterflies in the tummy, pleasure, disappointment, heart break... I could go on and on.

And love is a spectrum of colors. Love is not a rainbow. While it may have red, yellow and orange, it also has dark colors to it. There are blacks and grays. But then there are also hues of silver and gold.

Love is what makes you want to throw logic out of the window. So you make decisions with your heart and not your brain. Matters of the heart. Consequences be damned.
But ultimately, love is what its all about. Nothing matters if you don't have a loved one to share it with.

Question: Have you ever had a crazy crush? And did you do anything crazy for that crush?

My answer: I once stood one 1 leg in a yoga position for 1 hour praying that the boy I had a huge crush on would notice me and love me. I was 15. And he never noticed.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Not sure I can take one month of Love on your blog.
Scary thought ;)

Now I am trying to imagine you on one leg in a Yoga position.... *grin*
- at 15 - can't... :)

What crazy things did I do?
No idea. I lost my memory and threw my diaries away ;)

mythopolis said...

Now I am beginning to understand all those teen girls I see standing around on one leg.

WHEN A TEEN I HAD A CRUSH ON A GIRL I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW. ONE DAY I FOLLOWED HER HOME AT A DISTANCE. I SUMMONED UP THE NERVE TO KNOCK ON HER DOOR. HER FATHER, WHO APPEARED TO BE A BIG GIANT OF A MAN, ANSWERED THE DOOR. I WAS SO SCARED, I RAN AWAY!!!

Ballerina Girl said...

Great topic...
I am sure there were crazy things I did for a crush...but let's not comment on that here ;)

I look forward to your month of love!
BG

Kala said...

No crushes recently. But I was just thinking about eating some berries in cream before I visited your blog!

Crone and Bear It said...

I adore your idea of a month of love. You are fabulous. I've had plenty of crazy crushes and done ridiculous things in the name of love and I refuse to name any of them to protect the innocent.

Scriber's Web said...

Nicole: Well it is not going to be sappy. But it will be scandalous. Maybe I will reveal the details of my affair with Tiger. And seriously. I can't even remember the name of that kid I had a crush on. So stupid:
)

Mythos: STOP YELLING AT ME!!!! LOL. So funny about the crush you had. Too cute that you ran away. Maybe your need to look her up on the internet? And support my "love" theme by giving me a status? I am seriously running out of ideas on day two. How pathetic is that? Help!

BG: Ha ha. No one reads my blog so it is safe to tell here:) Plus no one knows your real name:)

Kala: Oh boy! No crushes currently? I don't think I can remember a time when I was crushless. On a normal day, I have at least 2-3-4-5 crushes. Don't get me wrong. I am married can do nothing with my crushes. But it is great to stare and Johnny Depp and simply sigh. BTW, crushes have lower calories than this decadent dish. And they help you heart rate go up which helps your metabolism. Cheers!

Linda: Sweetie I am not worthy. Who cares what their names are? Give us the scoop! If someone asks, just say you were taking creative liberties! Remember I am currently Tiger's mistress number 22 on my blog!