Pascal Manale in New Orleans is famous for their barbecue shrimp. What is interesting about this is that the shrimp is actually pan fried. Not barbecued. And they are served head-on to enhance the flavor.
Note: Not really for someone who is on a diet.
2 pounds fresh shrimp (heads on)
1 cup and 2 tbs. butter
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp thyme
3 tbsp freshly grater garlic
1 1/2 tbsp. course black pepper
1 tbsp Creole seasoning
1 tsp Paprika
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 lemons squeezed
1 lemon sliced
Tabasco sauce to taste
Coarse salt to taste
- Heat a large cast iron pan (oven proof) and add butter and olive oil.
- Add garlic, black pepper, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and Creole seasoning.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the shrimp and salt and then stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour lemon juice over the shrimp.
- Chill for a couple of hours.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the shrimp in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately with hot French bread.
I thought everything was only bigger in Texas. They have huge mozzarella sticks there also. Yummy!