is not just for Spring breakers anymore!
Things to do in South Padre:
- Deep sea fishing. It is fun and you will catch fish. Watch out for the dolphins. They are everywhere. And, unlike me, be careful with the fishing hook.
- Skinboarding. Buy a board at one of the stores and you won't regret it! Make sure you buy a board that is age appropriate. Don't bother with lessons. Someone on the beach will be very happy to show you the ropes.
- Dolphin watching. The dolphins are cute, friendly and love attention. You can catch a boat ride to see this or just visit one of the lesser populated beaches. If you look carefully, you'll see them playing around in the sea. And they are very close to the beach.
- Fireworks at Amberjacks. On a Friday evening, hang out at the outside bar and watch the fireworks.
- Wave runners, banana boats and para sailing. If that is your thing. I prefer laying on the beach and reading a book but everyone else loves it.
- Schlitterbahn: Fun water rides. I live close to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels so I skipped this part.
What to avoid:
- Fishing hooks.
- Tom and Jerry's restaurant. It was mediocre at the best. Very overrated.