Sunday, June 20, 2010

Maui Trip Report


Having never been to any of the islands in Hawaii, all I can say is that Maui is like paradise. I correct myself. It *is* paradise.

Everywhere you look, you are surrounded with natural wonders. Mother earth has certainly lavished its gifts to Maui. Exotic beaches, waterfalls galore, flowers.... I could go on and on.

One thing about Maui is that is something to do for everyone. Another thing is realize the fact that it is virtually impossible to do everything in a week. Or even two. There are things you will just have to do the next time you go there. And if at all possible, you will go back there.

Every single day, I would have an experience that was mind blowing. And I would think, nothing can beat this. And every single day, I was proven wrong. Every single moment in Maui is precious. So plan your trip ahead of time. Research ahead of time. I used the following book as a guide and I highly recommend it. There is nothing better available than Maui Revealed.

Unlike most beach resorts I have been to where the beach is just an endless strip, there are many, many beaches in Maui. And all of them have different personalities. There is a beach for every different activity. At this beach, you can swim, snorkel, or simply float away...

Just looking at the Maui photos makes me feel relaxed like jello. Over the next week or so, I plan on posting some of the photos of Maui. I hope that they help you relax and enjoy the beauty that is Maui.

6 comments:

mythopolis said...

Can't wait to see more photos. Maui looks like, and sounds like a wonderful place, to say the least!!

NicoleB, Egypt said...

Simply gorgeous!

Kala said...

Gorgeous. I visited Maui a few years back and had a fabulous time.

BLOGitse said...

wow, I can see you had a great holiday!
My holiday wasn't that warm, sunny and beautiful but better than nothing! :)
I had my one year check up and everything's fine, I'm so happy!

Greetings from Casablanca again!

BLOGitse

Ballerina Girl said...

Wow, what a beautiful picture...
I also fell in love with Kauai when we were there for our honeymoon. It is a beautifully lush green island with so many interesting spots to discover! I also have been to the Big Island...also interesting, and alway beautiful but I liked Kauai better out of the two.
Maybe next time it will be Maui for me to see :)
Looking forward to more photos!

BG

Scriber's Web said...

Mythos: I think if you go there, you would never come back. Hawaii is so aligned with mother earth!

Nicole: Thanks! It was paradise!

Kala: Did you take photos on your trip? I kept thinking, what would Kala do with all the gorgeous flowers? I tried to take photos but did not do justice:)

Blogitse: So happy that you are OK. I bet Finland was fun too!

BG: Big Island is nice but very commercial. I've never been but it is supposedly a "happening" place. I wanted to go dancing one night in Maui and there were no night clubs I could find:( Kauai is very underdeveloped and has its own charm. That is definitely a place to visit next time I am in Hawaii. Maui is in the middle. Little commercial and a little natural. I think you would love Maui. The artwork over there is amazing! People make arbors out of banyan trees. And blossoming flowers. You already saw the benches! They are everywhere! I just love how they take a piece of wood and completely transform it. I thought of you and my bloggy friends all the time I was there. I will post photos of the Four Seasons in Waelia and it was amazing! We went there for lunch and hung around the last day. And BG, the flowers that you get there! OMG! I bet you could create amazing bouquets with them:) You got to go there!