Saturday, August 16, 2008

HOOT








HOOT: Husband Out Of Town

List of things that went wrong while my husband was Out of Town:

Day 1: A baby gecko mysteriously appears in my kitchen sink. I scream, grab a broom and knock on all the neighbor's houses. No one answers. I come home, chug some wine and slam my broom around. The gecko gets trapped in the broom, I scream and run to my backyard. I hurl the broom on to my patio and slam the door. The gecko dashes to the wilderness. I scream. I chug some more wine.

Day 2: In the middle of the night, I hear a thundering noise in my kitchen. I grab a kitchen knife that I keep at my bedside, turn on all the lights and dash downstairs screaming and shouting. Turn on all the lights in the kitchen. The automatic ice machine in my fridge broke and was venomously spitting out ice. At me. I turn off the icemaker. I cuss at the fridge and clean up. No sleep that night.

Day 3: Da flat tire.

Day 4: It is 8:30 in the morning and there are lots of flies mysteriously clinging to the ceiling in my house. Very eerie. Must make some more friends today and move in with them until the husband comes back.


7 comments:

Jodi said...

Seems to me you have been stricken by Murphy's Law.

I hope it gets better!!!

The gecko thing was so funny because it sounds like something I would have done..either that or checked into a hotel.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

*stares at the last blog post*

Definitely looks like a case of the Gecko getting his own back. I recommend a high dose of not harming animals, walking cross a black cat's path, walking under ladders and breaking mirrors.

Though, I'm not a professional. :P

Here's hoping the bad luck spell doesn't last much longer.

Scriber's Web said...

Oh its all good. Strange things just happen sometimes. And it could always be worse.

I like animals and nature. But I just prefer them outdoors and not in my house:)

Anonymous said...

I loved the mental picture of the ice machine spitting at you venomously. It's exactly what I would see in the same situation. :)

I've had these kind of weeks. Thankfully, they come to an end.

Thanks for stopping by. Love your blog and adding you to my daily reads!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Some great images. My husband is gone every third night for work, and it never fails, if something weird is going to happen it will happen while he's away. Hope he's home soon.

Scriber's Web said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.

Sure enough he is back and everything is back to normal. As it could be.

Valerie, Thanks! I swear it seemed like the icemaker WAS spitting at me. It was mean:)

Mrsbear, Thanks! Does your husband wonder what stuff happens while he is gone? It never fails to surprise my husband. Nothing really really bad happens but minor things keep happening.

He keeps asking me, "why do these things happen when I am not here?"

It is not like I intend for these things to happen. So I told him yesterday that the next time he went out of town, I wanted a babysitter. Someone who looked like Johnny Depp:)

mythopolis said...

Quit being such a baby, Scriber!! Geckos are cute and lovable, they will lick pesky flies off your face, that is how charming they can be! So, you have to take a stand. Would you rather have flies all over your face, or a lovable Gecko taking care of you, because he loves you so much as a litle dried prune left out in the bitter cold?