Saturday, October 4, 2008

Divorced Eggs






At my hotel in Cabos, you could order a dish called divorced eggs. In Spanish, it is called Huevos Divorciados.

Essentially, there are two fried eggs, one is topped with a red salsa and the other is topped with a green salsa. When I read that on the menu, I knew I had to check it out. I wanted to share the story of eating divorced eggs on my vacation with YOU. See the things I do for you?

Umm... I ordered them and got them and took photos of them. I could tell you that they are delicious. But the fact is that I just couldn't eat them. I hate wasting food and I am not a very picky eater but I just couldn't do it. It sounded good on paper.

Is there something you thought you'd like but could not bring yourself to eat it?

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Would your husband's lawyer friend eat them?? (Get it?? Hehehe)

I love fried eggs, but with cheese & bacon on a roll. I can't picture having salsa on eggs. I've never had green salsa either.

Something that I could never bring myself to eat --- calamari. I'm second generation Italian and to Italian people it is a delicacy but to me it is GROSS. They look very interesting, but I cannot bring myself to try it.

Coffee Slut said...

Mmmmm ....those eggs look yummy! I would eat them in a box ...I would eat them with a fox!

I'm with Jodi ...I can barely keep from gagging when I have to sell calamari to people, never mind eating it!

Happy weekend!

Scriber's Web said...

Jodi: In Texas, we get breakfast tacos. Essentially scrambled eggs wrapped in a warm tortilla. You can bacon, cheese or the works to it. Including salsa. They are delicious. But I had to pass on this dish:)

Coffee S: Seriously? You'd eat these? They are very different. Calamari is just like onion rings! Just kidding. I don't eat it but most of the folks I know love it. Escargo... yuck!