Saturday, October 4, 2008

Divorced Eggs

At my hotel in Cabos, you could order a dish called divorced eggs. In Spanish, it is called Huevos Divorciados.

Essentially, there are two fried eggs, one is topped with a red salsa and the other is topped with a green salsa. When I read that on the menu, I knew I had to check it out. I wanted to share the story of eating divorced eggs on my vacation with YOU. See the things I do for you?

Umm... I ordered them and got them and took photos of them. I could tell you that they are delicious. But the fact is that I just couldn't eat them. I hate wasting food and I am not a very picky eater but I just couldn't do it. It sounded good on paper.

Is there something you thought you'd like but could not bring yourself to eat it?


Jodi said...

Would your husband's lawyer friend eat them?? (Get it?? Hehehe)

I love fried eggs, but with cheese & bacon on a roll. I can't picture having salsa on eggs. I've never had green salsa either.

Something that I could never bring myself to eat --- calamari. I'm second generation Italian and to Italian people it is a delicacy but to me it is GROSS. They look very interesting, but I cannot bring myself to try it.

Coffee Slut said...

Mmmmm ....those eggs look yummy! I would eat them in a box ...I would eat them with a fox!

I'm with Jodi ...I can barely keep from gagging when I have to sell calamari to people, never mind eating it!

Happy weekend!

Srcriber's Web said...

Jodi: In Texas, we get breakfast tacos. Essentially scrambled eggs wrapped in a warm tortilla. You can bacon, cheese or the works to it. Including salsa. They are delicious. But I had to pass on this dish:)

Coffee S: Seriously? You'd eat these? They are very different. Calamari is just like onion rings! Just kidding. I don't eat it but most of the folks I know love it. Escargo... yuck!