Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Raising Kids




So last weekend I got a visit from my cousin sister and her two kids. A son, 5 years old and a daughter 3 years old.

And I had a great time. But as soon as they left, I crashed.

Ooo lah lah...

And I am still tired.

How in the world did I raise 2 boys? And how glad am I that they are grown up and in college?

Don't get me wrong. I was a stay at home mom when my kids were little and I always had a great time. But now? I cook when I want to and nap when I want to. And paint when I want to.

And I certainly don't have to run around chasing them. They chase me. For salsa and money mostly but hey... I trained them well. When they visit home, they cook all the time. I don't even have to feed them. I don't even have to buy groceries. They do it all. I simply have to show up and their faces light up.

Somewhere, somehow, I must have done something good.

So that's my story. I have been absent from the bloggy world but I have a good excuse.

Now I must go drink some more coffee.

6 comments:

mythopolis said...

Welcome back, sleepy head! : )

Anonymous said...

You are doing something right to raise two men who cook for you and do it all. I am proud of you. I always remind my friends who are raising boys "you are raising husbands and Fathers"...it's up to you. This post is so relevant for me today. Thank you for writing it. I have 7 more years of fulltime Motherhood... it is not easy.

BLOGitse said...

I know how you feel - you feel free!
When own kids are grown you're free to do other things.
Cheers! :)

Nice you're back!

Santiago Guttierez said...

speaking of salsa im eating it now and its sooooo good thanks so much.

Nicole said...

One reason we don't have kids - we couldn't do it :)

I admire anyone that did it successful though ;)

ou must have def. done a great job that they cook for you and even buy the groceries ;0!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Hi Scriber. I feel I have some way to go before my boys have reached the towering heights of perfection of yours. Their faces don't usually light up when I walk in the room. But at least the years are long gone when I had to organise activities and keep an eye open when they had friends over. And sometimes they cook. Number 2 son does a New York baked cheescake with cherry topping to die for!