Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Lens!



About an year ago, I entered my first juried show. The theme was Flower Power. I absolutely love taking photos of flowers. Flowers are my favorite subjects. I worked very hard and took tons of very strong pieces. I thought I would get into the show.

But I did not. The rejection was brutal and what made it worse was that some of the photos that were selected were not that great. Let's just say cows in a field. Anyways. I moved on and got over it.


What does this have to do with buying a new lens you ask? Absolutely nothing. Nada. Just want you to know that I am planning on taking a ton of flower photos and publishing them on my blog. So please be kind cause I am needy.

So what did I get? Nikkor AF-S Micro 85 mm f/3.5 ED VR. Yeah baby!

I am off to shoot some photos. You guys have some fun this saturday and keep me posted!

8 comments:

Sumit said...

I don't remember what the parts of a flower are (from those botany classes in school) but I'm sure all of them are captured vividly in the pic. As always Scriber, you're brilliant! :)

NicoleB, Egypt said...

Lovely!
And yes, I'm a wee bit envious ;)

mythopolis said...

Bring on the flower power! Peace!

Betty Carlson said...

Thanks for your message. I'll try to follow you throughout NaBlo...having a few faithful followers seems to keep me going. Otherwise, blogging is kind of a lonely road these days.

Scriber's Web said...

Sumit: Awww... you are to kind to me. I love my new lens! There are things in the photo that even I did not notice. How cool is that?

Nicole: Sorry! But seriously I need tons of practice to use this thingie! Now if only used Nikon family instead of Canon, we could hang out and share our lenses:)

Mythos: Flower Power it is! I am sure that BG would agree that if everyone has fresh flowers around them, the world would be a nicer place:)

Betty C: Welcome and thanks for your comment. Blogging has been anything but a lonely road for me. I've been real lucky and met some great folks and made long lasting friends. You are welcome to hang out here anytime!

Betty Carlson said...

I did say blogging has been a lonely road "these days." I've been at it since December 2005, and it has brought me countless connections and some real friendships, even real live ones.

Over the past year, a lot of my "biggest blogging buddies" who started around the same time I did have been going through a dry period.It is a recurrent theme, in fact.

Anyway, I'll follow you through NaBloPoMo! It is great to have a little support group.

Scriber's Web said...

Betty C: Wow. You have been blogging for a long time! That is awesome! Actually I am going through a dry spell right now too. I am hoping that by doing nablo this month, I will be motivated to focus more on this and make more friends. I am certainly planning on following you:)

Unknown said...

That would be awesome :)