Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August NabloPoMo






Congratulations to all my fellow NabloPoMo bloggers. We are almost there!

This was the first time I attempted this and had a great time! I saw some amazing blogs and must say that I am addicted to so many now. My list of daily blogs to visit increases daily.

I am not going to tag anyone but I had some questions. Feel free to comment or let me know if you answer these in your blog. My answers are in italics.

How many times have you participated in NabloPoMo before?

Never.


Did you blog daily this month?

Yes. It was touch and go though.

Are you planning on doing this in September?

Nope. I'd like to write often without the deadline pressure. Stir up the creative juices a bit.

Are you planning on doing this in November?

You bet!

Did you make new blogger friends?

Tons. I also read a ton of blogs that I wouldn't under normal circumstances. There are so many funny, talented and prolific people out there. It is amazing!


What time of the day do you blog?


Early in the morning or late at night on weekdays. Anytime on weekends.

Are you proud of your content this month?

Yes and no. Some days, writing a blog was just stretching it! See my post today I want an eclair or something like that. I had list of stories that I wanted to write. But for some reason, I wrote what I wrote. Everyday.

I am really glad to have all this content on my blog. I would never have done it without NabloPoMo.

The fact that someone, even if it was one person, read my blog and posted a comment was simply astounding and humbling. I was jumping up and down when the first person posted a comment. This group is so welcoming and kind. Ok, so I am rambling but it is my blog.

What did you learn about this experience?

I can come up with some creative excuses for not writing
I can come up with a lame blog just so I write that day
I need some down time so I can really think about my story

No matter what you plan to write, sometimes writing just happens. Let it be.
Be creative and flexible. Some of the photos I did took me by complete surprise. Some were good and some were bad.

Lastly and most importantly:

Embrace the blur!



6 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

I totally agree. The beginning of the month I was ROCKIN' the posts. This last week I feel like it is the last week before summer break :-)

Jodi said...

I'm very happy to find you through NaBloPoMo!! You have a fantastic blog. Love the stories and the pictures!! So glad to meet you!

Scriber's Web said...

Midwest Mom:

I made a list of 40 things I could blog about this month. I used about 5 of them. Most days, I just did not feel like writing about stuff on my list. I just wrote random stuff. Thank you so much for all the support! I appreciate it!

Keep blogging. You always rock!


Jodi:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I think you are amazingly creative. How did you come up with so many HOT themes? Awesome!

I am very excited to find such cool blogs! And you introduced me to more cool blogs. Thank you!

Is your email address on your blog? I was looking for it.

Kate said...

Hiya! We are nearly there! I've been blogging for a few months but this is the first NaBloPoMo challenge I've done. I've tried to keep my standard 'high' (whatever that means!) and have sometimes done two in one day - like weekends, then used that little doohickey to post-date it... Very handy as you can have a day off.
You have a great camera eye - keep blogging!

Scriber's Web said...

Hey Katherine!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love visitors and comments.

I'm going to have to try the trick next month. So I write up some extra content on the weekend.

Good idea!

Jodi said...

I put it up there now so you can email me. That is my blogger email address. I have a different everyday email address I'll give you via email to use instead of the blogger email addy. :)