Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two things






1. Bad clouds yesterday and thunderstorms. No damage though.

2. Attended first day of the public speaking class. It was a good class but it was tough! I am terrified of speaking in front of a crowd. I had to give a speech this morning and it was bad. Everyone was very nice to me. But it was scary.

I did learn a ton of techniques though. Tomorrow, I will have to give 2 speeches. One of them is going to be recorded on a video. The instructor will then review it with me and provide constructive comments.

I don't know what I am worried about more. The speech or the fact that the camera adds at least 10 pounds!

Keeping fingers crossed:)

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Awww, I will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for you! I don't like public speaking either. Just focus on a few people maybe & scan them...try not to think about so many people being in the room.

I hope you do well - you can do it!!!
GOOD LUCK & HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Jesse P Luna said...

A good deep breath helps before public speaking. I'm one of those strange people who love to speak in public but I still get scared sometimes as well.

I'm sure you'll do well!!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh I so hate getting up in front of adults. Put me in a room with first graders and I am fine, but not their parents. I would be so nervous I would shake. Good luck!

Scriber's Web said...

Jodi,

Thank you for keeping your fingers crossed for me! Thanks for all the positive thoughts. I did much better than I expected. Thanks so much for your moral support! It mean so much to me!


Jesse,

I took deep breaths. And tried yoga stuff. But I still got out of breath. Oye! I think I need a ton of practice sessions. Thanks for your kind words though!

Midwest Mom,

I was shaking alright. But now I am trained to do it in the inside. LOL! Put me in a room of first graders and I'll run screaming and shouting! You are brave!