Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mardi Gras


Last night, we went to a fabulous Mardi Gras party. The food was delicious and the company was awesome. We had delicious King's cake.

That's the delicious gumbo.


That's the delicious sausage and beans.

There was excellent bread pudding with whiskey sauce too but I was too busy eating it so no photos for you. Sorry.

Someone brought their baby to the party. The little baby slept through the entire party. I was so hoping she would wake up so I could play with her. I need a baby fix! But she slept away the entire time. How come my kiddos never did that?

Another friend of mine, I'll call him M. was there too. He of course does not realize my capacity to take photos. So I kept asking him to pose with the gumbo and pose with the sausage and beans. I asked him to give me shot of him eating the gumbo. I demanded that he have an expression that communicates how delicious it is. He was so gullible. He complied. The more I demanded, the more he complied.

Until I asked him to do a headstand and eat the gumbo. Wouldn't that make an excellent shot for the blog? See the things I do for you guys? I am so always thinking of you!

Alas at that point he realized that I was a photo freak. Perhaps this explains why my boys run away every time I pull out the camera.


Everyone wore beads but there was no flashing. For those who don't know, in New Orleans, you have to lift your shirt up to get the beads. But not at this party. Too bad. I had gone prepared to flash. Oh well.


The best part of the party? We got to take leftovers home. I can't wait to eat them. Yummy!

7 comments:

mythopolis said...

What a colorful evening!!!

Unknown said...

That looks and sounds too good!
Too bad there was no flashing, would have made for some great shots ;)
But maybe that was the reason why,... ? ;)
And hey, play with your Lensbaby, that's Baby enough ;)

Scriber's Web said...

Mythos: It was fun. Had a great time!

Nicole: It was a blast. Not too sure why there was no flashing. It would have made great shots:) Now that I think about it, I am insulted that I wasn't asked to flash:(

Jodi said...

That sounded like SO much fun! We didn't get to see him "enjoying" his gumbo! LOL!

Everything looked good. I love how they laid out the beads in that bowl...very pretty and festive.

Glad you had a great time. Maybe you can flash next year. Hehehehe

Have a beautiful day my friend.

Anonymous said...

That cake looks good...Hoped you saved my a piece? LOL

BLOGitse said...

I like home parties!
Food must've been nami nami...

What time did you go to sleep? :-)

Scriber's Web said...

Jodi: I had a blast. I'll ask him if I can post his photo on the blog and if he says yes, I'll post it:)

Joe: I mailed a piece to you:)

Blogitse: The food was excellent. I think I went to bed at 1.00 am:) Too late for me:)