Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We got in!


A while back, my bloggy friend Mythos and I collaborated to create some collages. The project was called letter. I snail mailed him some photographs and he created beautiful collages. We sent the collages to a gallery in Baltimore.

Yesterday I found out that all 3 pieces got in. All 3. I almost had a heart attack. I have never ever had a photograph or artwork in a gallery. How exciting is that?

Here are the pieces in case you are interested...

Alex in Wonderland: 1

Alex in Wonderland: 2

Escape to Nowhere

Here is the blog that we created for this project and other art projects.

Today I am just going to savor this moment. The best part about this project? Both Mythos and I had a fabulous time working on this project.

Question: Have you ever thought of entring a photo or some artwork to a gallery or a competition?

12 comments:

Carol said...

Congrats, Scriber's! Such good news! The work is wonderful, I'm so happy for you both.

BLOGitse said...

WAU! Great! I clap my hands - can you hear? :) Congratulations!!!

mythopolis said...

Cheers! : )

Sumit said...

Yay! Obviously I'm happy for you guys, but I'm happier for myself.

I know two artistic bloggers, and you both only one each.. haha!


Sorry about that demented joke! :D

Congrats!

Nan Patience said...

Congratulations, that's fantastic. They're neat pieces.

Santiago Guttierez said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Whoot!!!
Let's Party :D!!!
Congratulations to both of you :)!!

To your question: Yes I did and yes I will as soon as the money flows again I'll ask you for that webby address again ;)

mythopolis said...

It was a real pleasure working with Scriber!. Hopefully, we will do more stuff! If you haven't experimented with collaborating with blog friends, I hope you will, it is great fun! Thanks for support from others who have followed this little project! ....Mythos.....

Anonymous said...

Impressive work. I'm glad you got recognition.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Well done to you both and congratulations! I really like the pieces. What sort of gallery is this?
Janice.

Anonymous said...

Heartfelt congratulations! That's very exciting news indeed. Well done

Scriber's Web said...

Carol: Yeah! Thanks so much for mentoring me and putting up with me:)

Blogitse: Thank you! I am super excited!

Mythos: I am fresh out of Champagne. Send me some please?

Sumit: LOL. That was very funny. Keep them coming!

Nan: Thanks so much! Mythos did the hard part:)

Santiago: Thanks for visiting, commenting and congratulating! Do come again.

Nicole: Get on your broom and come on over. Mythos is sending some champagne:)

Mythos: It was fun working with you. You were excellent. I am sure I was a pain at some point:)

Strider: Thanks for visiting and commenting! I'll check out your blog this weekend.

Janice: Thanks! It is an art gallery. Kinda prestigious for me but I'll take it:)

Ram: Thanks! Thank you for all your support and for keeping me entertained and laughing:)