Sunday, January 18, 2009

Globe


Hope everyone is having a fabulous Sunday!

I ordered lesbabies yesterday and am impatiently waiting for them. Thank you all for your advice!

Some serious photographers don't like lensbabies. They pooh pooh the idea. Here is how lensbabies work. Let's say you want to take a photo of an apple. Depending on how you manipulate the lens, in the photo, the apple will be crystal clear and everything else will be a little blurry.

I like that effect. But some serious photographers think that all photos must be fully focused at all times. They don't want to embrace the blur. They find these photos, and I quote here, "nauseating".

Oh well. That's probably the same reaction Picasso got from some of his reviewers before he became accepted as an artist. I mean it looks like he was just doodling. Right?

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about their opinions. I enjoy photography as a hobby. I like to experiment. I like fully focused shots and blurry ones too. I simply do it for fun.

Since I write and post photos on my blog, I have a need for both. When I am writing about confusion, darkness, doubts etc. I like using blurry photos. Some of them are accidents and some planned.

Oh well.

I can't wait to get my lensbabies and start shooting. You'll have to judge whether you like them or not.

9 comments:

mythopolis said...

I will be eager to see what you bring back when you take you lens babies out for a walk! I am all for experimentation, as you must know by now and very much encourage anybody to think outside the box if that is what they find themselves wanting to do. Certainly many great things have come to be as a result of people willing to venture out and fumble around outside the parameters of convention. This globe phot,o by the way, is really cool!

Jenni said...

Those who insist on everything being in focus are only photographers, they will never be artists.

Photography is an art as well; and you understand that. I'm jealous, I want a lens like this :)

Can't wait to see your work with the new lens.

Anonymous said...

that sounds neat,hope you get it soon. I need to get me a good SLR, do you have any recommendations?

Anonymous said...

Some people don't like landscapes, others think macros or animal shots are a waste.
Who f***** cares?
;)
Shoot what you like, post what you like, be comfortable :)
Play around.
That's the only way to learn.
As long as you still have fun posting all kinds oft stuff, everything's alright :)

And I feel your pain. I prob. have to wait another week for my new Babe to come :D

Jodi said...

I think the idea of lensbabies is cool. I like your idea about the pictures you try to depict. Depending on the mood whether focused or blurry. That keeps things interesting and different.

I like different.

Hope you are having a great Sunday so far my friend!!!

Ballerina Girl said...

that's what makes the world go 'round....differences!
Good for you that you are getting what you want, and excited about it!
Can't wait to see the fotos!
BG

BLOGitse said...

We shouldn't worry & compare. We all have our own voice, so can we have our own view, vision...

Go for it!

Scriber's Web said...

Mytho: Thank you about the photo! And don't ask me what the point of the photo is. OK? You are so right about thinking outside the box. I try to experiment and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But it is always fun to try.

Jenni: You are so correct! I will keep you posted on how it goes:)You can decide whether or not you want to buy these lenses.

Betty: Yes I have some. I'll send you an email:)

Nicole: Exactly! Who the heck are these people and why won't they leave us alone! I am still angry about the "what's the point" comment someone said about your photo. LOL. Deep breaths!

Jodi: I think you'll like the lensbabies photos. They are a little different:) Hope you are having a great day!

BG: GO, GO, GO Pittsburgh! I think you will like the photos. Now if only it would arrive this minute!!!

Blogitse: If only people would realize that there is room for everything to coexist. Everything has its value! Wouldn't the world be a better place?

Anonymous said...

I need to try that Basket Case wine...That's how I feel sometimes. LOL