Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Nuclear Physics

Today I feel compelled to write about Nuclear Physics.

You must think that I sit around all day drinking wine and taking photos of wine bottles. That I don't have any mental capacity to understand Nuclear Physics. But you are soooo wrong folks and I am about to prove it.

Pay attention to what I say because there will be a pop quiz after this.

So I know what you are thinking. What in the world does Nuclear Physics have to do with the photo of a man dancing with fire? Well... the answer will be completely clear to you after you complete your pop quiz.

OK. Here goes...

First of all, Nuclear is pronounced as new clear. Not noo cear. Or New Cue Er. Don't let powerful and important leaders of the world convince you otherwise. Those who know how to pronounce it laugh and them and will certainly not be reluctant to laugh at you. So know how to pronounce it.

I've heard a rumor that one of my cousins is a Nuclear Physicist and teaches at some ivy league college. Or does research or something like that. See how good my genes are? So what if I have a degree in English Literature? Studying Shakespeare is as important as studying physics.

Another nephew of mine is getting a PhD in math. Wait. He is not related to me by blood so I guess it doesn't count. But then surely he must have been influenced by my braininess. Why would you get a PhD in math?

So there you go. That's the proof I have about my braininess. Now everybody go to wikipedia and read up about Nuclear Physics. Thinking about this made my brain hurt and I must take a nap now.

PS: If I could get away with sitting around all day drinking wine and taking photos of wine bottles, I'd certainly do it.

7 comments:

mythopolis said...

You have to give it to nuclear physicists. Most people who go around talking excitedly about their involvement with things that are invisible are either locked up, heavily medicated, or tripping on acid.

Anonymous said...

You lost me somewhere after the pronunciation part.
I guess I stick with wine bottles.
Totally fine with me ;)

Jodi said...

I have some braininess genes too..LOL

My one sister has her Master's in Chemistry and my brother-in-law (her husband) had his PhD in Chemistry.

Does that count? Hehehehe

Happy Tuesday my friend!!

Laura Marchant said...

I would join you :-)

Anonymous said...

Very amusing! "Braininess", I'm gonna have to remember that one.

I love your wine pics--my wife just looks at them and drools.

Quick note: I voted for you in all your categories on the Blogger's Choice Awards...As for the About Stuff category, may the best blog win! LOL

Jodi said...

You've been awarded my friend..check out my 1/6/09 evening post.

Scriber's Web said...

Mytho: Ha ha... too funny!

Nicole: Yep quantity over quality.

Jodi: OMG! You are a genius!

MM: OK. Doing this for a couple of days won't kills us. Wait... isn't that what I did during the holidays? LOL.

Joe: Thanks for voting for me! Even though you are nominated in the same category:) The chances of me winning are none but I appreciate the votes:)