Saturday, January 3, 2009

Money Tree


In my backyard,
there grows a special tree.
Instead of leaves,
it grows money.
Everyday in the morning,
I go pluck the money.
Sometimes it has dollar bills,
sometimes 20 dollar bills,
and sometimes 100 dollar bills.
And when my sons ask me for some money,
I tell them to go get it off the tree
that grows in our backyard.
I call it my money tree.
I water it daily and nourish it.
And it always grows money.
But something happened...
and there are no dollar bills right now.
It looks lonely but not devoid of its beauty.
I will still water it,
and nourish it.
And dollar bills will sprout again.
But this time,
only I will pluck the money.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

That is cute!! I love it.

My Mom always used to say "what do you think, money grows on trees?"

Now I would have been able to give her the answer!

Have a great day my friend!!

Scriber's Web said...

Jodi: Ha ha! Thanks! Very silly but couldn't really think of anything else to blog about today:)

Anonymous said...

Nice one :D I guess someone took too much of that green stuff off that poor tree ;)

Laura Marchant said...

that's pretty much what my tree would look like after Christmas :-)

mythopolis said...

At least you have a real money tree. The one I planted turned out to be a fake and was only sprouting counterfeit bills.

Mrsbear said...

I so need a money tree in my yard. But then again I can't even get my avocado tree to sprout. Darn black thumb of mine.

Scriber's Web said...

Nicole: Yep the tree was stripped!

MM: Why is Christmas so expensive?

Mytho: Too bad about the tree. Mine sprouts real money but I got it from a registered dealer:)

MrsBear: You have an avocado tree? How cool is that? At least it is a real tree and not an imaginary one:)