Saturday, January 10, 2009

Love's Writ


I had mentioned that I was going to submit some photos to a gallery. The theme was "Love's Writ". I had a little trouble understanding the theme but had some help so I was able to do it. (Carol told me what it meant)

I needed 3 photographs and some words/content to go with it. So I selected some photos and came up with a plan for content.

The tough part was executing it. All I had to do was create the images and submit them. IF my photos got selected, there would be a whole laundry list of things to do like framing matting etc. I have no clue about these things. But Carol said that she would "help" me with it which essentially meant that I was dumping the work on her. At least that's how I felt.

I am so grateful to Carol for everything she has done but I was so not ready for this...

When I added words to one of my good photos, it ended up looking like a hallmark card. Not that there is anything wrong with it but it is not gallery material.

This is a local gallery. I don't want to submit cheesy stuff and be barred forever!

Mytho asked me to show him one of the images so I am posting it here. I love this photo. But adding words to it just makes it cheesy.

So the next project at the gallery is Artist and Muse. I think I will submit some photos for that. We'll see how it goes...

6 comments:

Scriber's Web said...

If anyone has comments about how I can make this a little less cheesy, please please please let me know!!!

mythopolis said...

Ummmm....to me the font is too stiff or impersonal for the poetic nature of the words...and I think the message seems to be an invitation..like a message sent to a friend or someone missed...I realize I am taking liberties with the meaning..but just thinking aloud..so, I would think that the expression would convey more if personally penned in graceful script, and not placed perfectly horizontal...so, that's one way to think about it...the other would be to have the poetic expression appear (in exhibit) in the manner of a title but not placed within the photo but on the gallery wall next to it....

Anonymous said...

I'm with Dan on a different choice for font.

Not sure about the cheesiness. It's a good picture with a fitting quote on it fitting the theme. But you go with your guts, that's the right thing to do.

Looking forward to what you come up with for the next theme :)
:)

Anonymous said...

It was a great pic and I am sure everything you submit will be outstanding. ;)

Scriber's Web said...

M: Yeah I totally get your point... For some reason, it just didn't work... I just did not get the theme...

Nicole: Thanks! I like the picture but once I put words on it, it just made it a little tacky. I am using gimp but I need to get photoshop.

Betty: Thank you so much! I am still learning photography and so trying to figure out how to best take photos. Or what works and what does not. You are too sweet and kind to me!

Jodi said...

I LOVE the picture. Good luck to you my friend. You deserve to be on that wall!!!!