Sunday, July 19, 2009

Georgia Aquarium



If you are ever in Atlanta, you absolutely must go visit the aquarium there. It is the largest aquarium in the world and is simply fabulous.

It was the highlight of my trip. Words simply cannot describe what an amazing experience it is.

I skipped one of the wedding events to got to the aquarium on Friday. None of my guys really wanted to go. But I dragged them all. And off we went. And let me tell you, they had a time of their lives. It was simply an amazing experience.

In this photo, we were all in a tunnel with the aquarium all around us. And that is a saw toothed shark passing above us. How cool is that!


You may have to click on the photo to enlarge it but notice that it looks like it has a face underneath. Obviously it is not a face. Just looks like that. Who knew?

7 comments:

BLOGitse said...

like a 'live' movie...

mythopolis said...

Awesome! I'll be the fish love to hang around the glass windows and look at the people zoo!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

You see, I'm still not convinced you weren't really in Atlantis... I've been to one of those tunnel aquariums before (in Singapore) and they are fantastic, aren't they! Do you get detention if you skip one of the wedding events?

Unknown said...

Goh, how awesome is that?
And yes, that shark looks like it's smiling at you :D
I love these aquariums!

Sumit said...

Wow! That's really cool... I'd love to visit such an aquarium (as long as I'm separated from that shark by a glass/fibre wall) :P

Scriber's Web said...

Blogitse: It was just amazing.

Mythos: I hate circus and hate zoos where they confine the animals in cages. Here the fish were treated like kings and queens and we were the ones in confined spaces. Loved it!

Janice: Ha ha. I did go to Atlantis but just don't tell anyone. OK? And no I did not get detention for skipping one of the events. They were very understanding. I mean I attended the rest of the 6 events!

Nicole: It was simply amazing. And yes the shark does look like it is smiling at me. How amazing!

Sumit: It is a wonderful experience. You've got to do it at least once!

Ballerina Girl said...

I have been wanting to go here. We have these in the aquarium in Pittsburgh also. They are fascinating!

Did I miss your birthday? I am sorry, I haven't been on with all the traveling!

Happy belated Birthday!
BG