Saturday, July 18, 2009

Paula Deen Food



For those who don't know, Paula Deen is a famous cook and has a TV show in USA. And she has a restaurant called Lady and Sons in Savannah. Since everyone in my family is a foodie, naturally we had to go there.

The first thing I saw outside the restaurant was this.

No it wasn't the actual Paula Deen. It was a cardboard cutout of her. With her beaming smile and her gorgeous full figured body. Come and eat y'all! She seemed to say.

So we went towards to reception area and saw this.

Oh no! How could that be possible? Surely they had a spot or two? Nope.

So here is how it works. If you are serious about eating there, you show up at 9:30 in the morning and get a reservation for that day. Lunch or dinner. So we decided to come back the next day and get the reservations.

When we arrived at 9:15, the lines were thus.

They were all around the building. It was crazy.

Fortunately, we got lunch reservation for 1:30.

When we came back after a few hours, I was greeted by this Paula cutout inside the restaurant.

Looks a tad thinner. What do think? I personally wonder how she got from a size 12 to size 0. And what does that mean? So many thoughts pop up in my head right now but I will spare you the details. But be warned. I will post something about this soon.

Anyways. Once we got in, there was no actual Paula or her cute sons. There was food, food, marvelous food. As soon as you sit down, a waitress shows up and serves you a home made biscuit, a pancake, butter and syrup. And then you go get your food.

I believe that all of us ran towards the buffet. There was a salad bar somewhere but sorry... I don't even think I looked at it.

The menu that day was:

Fried Chicken
Baked Chicken
Pork
Creamed corn
Mashed Potatoes
Lima beans
Collard Greens
Yams
etc...
etc...

Oye... Even writing about this makes me drool...

All I can say is that eating at Paula Deen's restaurant was absolutely the number 1 experience in Savannah.

I can't wait to go again!

4 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Wow, I would have never thought it was booked. Now I want to eat there, lol

mythopolis said...

I wonder if she lost weight or if they photo shopped the image before making it a cut-out? I have a feeling if I ate at that restaurant frequently I would not be getting skinnier!

Jodi said...

OMG - I've been dieting for the past 3 and a half months and I think I gained weight just reading your post. LOL!

I would LOVE to eat there. I want Paula to adopt me and for God to make her calories not count.

Scriber's Web said...

MM: You have to eat there if you go to Savannah. And leave your diet at home. As you can tell from the cutouts, you get thinner after eating there:)

Mythos: I think it is a combo of both. She must have lost some weight but there was certainly some photoshop involved. I am begging Carol right now to "alter" some of my vacation photos so I can send them to my family:)

Jodi: Oh the food was so so good! I wish I could send you some!