Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Friday!




Happy Friday everyone! I'm sorry I have been a little bit out of the loop. Life takes over sometimes. Right? Thanks for being patient with me.

I'm glad the weekend approaches. It has been a rough couple of weeks. But I see clear skies ahead. So life is good.

This weekend, I begin my process of turning my home into a gallery. A Scriber's Web gallery. I thought it would be an easy task. But nope. I thought I would simply hang a few of my photos on the bare walls. But nope.

There is MATH involved. Ugh! If the wall is 2 feet and you want to hang 6 frames, and if the frames are 8 by 11, how much distance between the frames? Ugh. Double ugh! I haven't started yet but I am already thinking of giving up.

If someone out there can send me instructions, I'd much appreciate it. Oh and also your credit card numbers. This is a much more expensive project than what I anticipated.

And don't worry. I'll have photos of the before and after. Just so you can share my pain.

So what are your plans this weekend? Anything exciting? Bungee jumping anyone?

7 comments:

Carol said...

To hang work, start with how big the wall is. Try placing the work about 6 inches apart for starters and adjust according to how it looks.

Use twine (or string) cut to the distance between frames so that you do not have to keep measuring. Also remember to keep the frames the same height (I got for at least 18 inches above a couch or piece of furniture, at least 36 inches above the floor, depending on the pictures in question.)

Make sure you get the correct type of nails and molly braces for your type of walls (plaster, brick, plasterboard, etc.)

There are many more tips, but these should get you started.

BTW, love the sunflower! Happy weekend!

mythopolis said...

Whoa...whoa....whoa...! I hope that was just a random hypothetical illustration of the problem. You can't hang 6 8" wide frames (48" total) on a wall that is 24 " wide...not horizontally anyway. : )

Santiago Guttierez said...

I missed ur post yesterday... hv a great relaxing weekend mom

BLOGitse said...

Happy Saturday from Cairo...just normal weekend...some housework + relaxing - tomorrow back to weekly routines...

Scriber's Web said...

Carol: You are getting too technical for me. Come do it OK?

Mythos: You are also getting too technical on me. I just threw out a number:)

Suneet: Call me?

Blogitse: Happy Saturday to you too! I am planning on super relaxing today. Then catch up on my blog reading!

Unknown said...

No plans here. Chillin' and enjoying the sun.
Math?
I hate math :)

Anonymous said...

cool post, found you on alphainventions. Don't even think about giving up, you git to it. You have an artist eye, just hang where you'd put them.
peace n abundance
CheyAnne
http://newmexicomtngirl.com/