Friday, April 3, 2009

Woe is Me


Let's face it. Life can get tough sometimes. Things can get so hectic that it can be overwhelming. I doesn't have to be all big things. Just deadlines piling up. So many emails in your inbox that you know that even if you work 20 hours straight, you won't be able to make a dent. You want a pause button so you can stop time and tackle all your deadlines.

But I am a tough chika.

I can handle all the drama. I can swiftly handle back stabbers in one smooth move and push them out into oblivion. With tons of charm and humor. Piece of cake.

I can handle the fact that I have to work long hours.
I can handle the fact that my brand new printer only prints blank papers.
I can handle the deadlines.
I can handle the back stabbers.

But what fills my heart with woe is Ram on lam.

I found the Ram's blog The Food Here Convenience Store a few months ago. And I was hooked. I spent hours reading about this outstanding, generous, hard working, and well-intention adventures. I read his every post. I forced my friends to read his blog who thanked me all later.

Ram became an essential part my bloggy world.

Unfortunately, because of his good intentions and creative solutions for dealing with problems, he is in a bit of trouble. And on the run. To avoid... I would say some legal hassles.

So... he may never ever update his blog again.

Woe is me.

Ever since I found out, I've been doing nothing but crying and checking his blog. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. But no word yet. The only hope for me is that he knows kinda sorta where I live and I have offered him a refreshment break.

So my generous friends, I know you have huge generous hearts and have financially contributed to the Scriber's Web Plastic Surgery fund. I must ask you all again to contribute to the Ram on Lam fund. Donate generously. You have not failed me in past. I have decided to roll over my Scriber's Web Plastic Surgery fund into Ram on the Lam fund.

Ram, wherever you are, surely you must be reading my blog at every chance you get. I've left some idlis and mango pickle on my porch. Also the 2 dollars and 19 cents from my Scriber's Web Plastic Surgery fund. That's all the money in the fund but I am happy to turn it over to you. I can live with my pooch and a few wrinkles.

I wish you much luck and peace Ram.

Waiting by the porch,

~SW

8 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

I am so confused, is this a joke?

Carol said...

It is kind of quiet 'round the blog-o-sphere today. Where is that ole' buddy Ram of ours?

Sumit said...

Scriber, I'd be more than willing to contribute the $0.43 that have been collected for the 'Improve Sauron's sense of humour and teach him some Fool's day pranks' fund. Please let me know when and how.

P.S. I want some idlis too. :D

mythopolis said...

A terrible tragedy for such a person who was only innocently out there standing in his field, to be struck down in the prime of his life! We must all now carry in our hearts the precious memories of the many things he did for, and to, others. And now, as he departs for the great Mega Market in the eternal cyber sphere, I call upon you to bow your heads in a moment of silence. And let it not be forgot, that once there was a place...a place called Ramalot.

Jodi said...

You are too funny girl.
Enjoy your weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Hilarious :D

LVISS said...

YES WHERE IS RAM . I WAS ALSO A REGULAR IN HIS INTERESTING BLOG. WILL HE BE BACK.

LVISS said...

YES WHERE IS RAM . I WAS ALSO A REGULAR IN HIS INTERESTING BLOG. WILL HE BE BACK.