Sunday, April 26, 2009

Alex in Wonderland:2


This is collage number 2. When Mythos and I started this project, I posted about 10 photographs. He definitely wanted the Alex photo. No surprise there. Everyone is an Alex fan. He also picked photos of veggies, a tree stump, and a photo of this blue window. When I printed these out and snail mailed them to him, I also included some really bad paintings I had done. It was more of a joke to show him what a terrible painter I am.

I never knew what to expect from him. I thought he would paint or doodle over them. But he cut up the photos and my pitiful paintings and created wonderful collages out of them.

He sent me the photos of the collages and I posted them on a blog I created for our artwork. Numerous people gave us feedback. There is no way that I could have made a decision. All of them were exquisite.

So tomorrow I ship these to the gallery. We'll see if we get in or not. I'll keep you posted.

9 comments:

falloutmommy said...

the Collage is beautiful.

Laura Marchant said...

It is beautiful! Good luck!

Sumit said...

I shall soon pester you (and Mythos) with autographed copies of the gallery pics.. :D

P.S. Let me know as soon as the gallery responds. I want to boast to my friends about knowing some famous artists. :D

Jodi said...

Good Luck!! I hope they make it in! That would be awesome.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!!

mythopolis said...

I am glad people are enjoying the collages, and I hope maybe it encourages others to play with on-line collaborations! : )

Ballerina Girl said...

Good luck...I'll wait to hear!
Who is Alex? Is that you?

BG

Unknown said...

This one looks out of Space.
Is that where Mytho got the Blobs from?
;)

BLOGitse said...

GOOD LUCK! :)

Scriber's Web said...

Fall out Mom: Thanks for visiting and commenting! So glad you liked it. We had fun doing this.

MM: Thanks!

Sumit: I will shout from the roof tops as soon as it happens. In bloggie land, maybe do an all caps post? LOL. And if this doesn't pan out, we have other things lined up:)

Jodi: Hey my friend! I hope you are doing OK. So good to hear from you!

Mythos: Yeah we need to think about more projects:)