Monday, April 6, 2009

March Madness


March madness will be over today. For those who don't know, this is college basketball championship. The winners play off today. I know for sure that one team is from North Carolina and the other I think is from Michigan.

Although I am not too much into this, I am rooting for North Carolina to win. A gal pal of mine is into this and she is rooting for them.

I guess I'll watch the game tonight. I'm sure that my hubby who owns the remote control will be watching it. And he is rooting for North Carolina.

So I have 2 interesting stories to tell you about this year's March madness and basketball.

1. The other day, I got a frantic phone call from my hubby at work. I could tell he was super excited because he was shouting and kept repeating, "Guess what? You won't believe what just happened." Over and over again. And I kept saying, "what" with every iteration my heart skipping more and more beats and my blood pressure mounting up. The he said, "Son 2 just call me and you won't believe what just happened!!!!" Now I was panicking. I imagined every possible worst scenario. A mother should never have to go through that. "Will you just tell me what it is?" I yelled back at him. And he said, "Kentucky fired their basketball coach and are getting blah blah as their new coach. Can you believe it? Can you believe it???" Oye. Somehow I mustered up enough self-control and managed to curb the expletives and said, "That's great. But will you kindly stop giving me these minor heart attacks? I have all these deadlines and decisions to make and execute. Basketball is least of my worries." And he said, "Yes but isn't this very exciting?" Oye. Oye.

2. When I came home, my hubby told me that Son2 had called him and there was a lot of hype in Kentucky about the firing. Son2 called my hubby right away and told him to go watch the TV right away. Since was hubby was running errands around the town, he did not know where he could find a TV. Until he happened to spot Hooters. Hooters is a restaurant where the waitresses wear skimpy dresses. So my hubby went there. He told the waitress that he just wanted to watch TV and ordered a coke. She came back 5 minutes later with the coke and... the remote control. Yep she gave him the remote control. My hubby told me that this is why men go to Hooters. They know how to treat men. So many possibilities there but I am not going to touch that one.


So there you have it. I hope that North Carolina wins and this madness is over.

7 comments:

BLOGitse said...

good for me:
we don't have hooters (any kind near by),
i own the remote control,
my husband is not sports fan...
everything here is ok and i can relax! huh :-)

tell your hubby it's not fair to mix things like that...
but
maybe he had a different tone in his voice if it was something bad, i guess...?

have a great week!! :)

Santiago Guttierez said...

Great post! we are very excited about the coaching situation up in KY but do not be so happy that March Madness is ending tonight, the NBA playoffs start in 10 Days...

mythopolis said...

I was at my brother-in-law's house last week...he is an accountant and it is tax season. He asked me if I had filled out my form yet? I said, I didn't even have a form. He said, I'll get you one...he goes in his office and starts printing out the form....it was one of those play-off trees where you pick who wins each game all the way to the final two! I love b-ball but don't keep track of any teams. However, since North Carolina seems popular, I guess I will go with Michigan State! : )

Laura Marchant said...

OMG! Hooters!

Unknown said...

I can imagine, my hubby would love it too, but less for the remote control :)

Anonymous said...

WHOO!!!!! CALIPARI!!!!! EVERYBODY WATCH OUT...KENTUCKY WILL SMITE YOU ALL

Anonymous said...

Too hilarious - one has to go to Hooters to feel good about being a man!