Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ice



So yesterday I went to work wearing a cotton shirt and cotton pants. The temperature went up to 71 degrees. I had AC on in my car.

And then the cold front came. This morning, I wake up to this.

There is sleet everywhere. And no one in Austin except me knows how to drive in this weather. I don't put makeup on or talk on the phone while I am driving in this weather.

Folks up north don't have an idea how hard it is to keep up with weather like this. Shorts and a tank top yesterday and lots of woolen clothes today.

Where is my jacket? Where are the gloves?

No idea.

Folks in sunny states like Florida and California don't have to deal with this. They have consistency.

In Austin it is so erratic.

So off I go. It is going to be a long drive to work.

6 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

Snow here yesterday, and in the forecast for tomorrow ...today it's 56. That's New England for you!
Have a wonderful day!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh to have a break in these cold days would be nice here though :-) To take the kids outside and not have to bundle everyone up would be so nice right about now.

Jodi said...

Hey my friend...Today it is 63 right now, tomorrow it will be in the 30s with snow & rain in the evening. I just don't get it.

It is pneumonia waiting to happen!

I hope you got to work safely!!! Have a beautiful day!!! :)

mythopolis said...

Ooh and black ice!!! Do be careful. If, you should find yourself slipping off to the side of the road...don't panic. Get out of the car and onto the grassy shoulder. Away from the road and away from your car. Lie down on your back and make snow angels until a traffic copter spots you. They will recognize the snow angels as a sign of distress, and call in a tow truck and one of those little white trucks that takes people away. In no time you will be locked up safe and warm!

Anonymous said...

Yuck. That sucks.
Stay safe, girl!
And yeah, I know what you're talking about! Bbbrr....

BLOGitse said...

coooold!
I remember...in Finland that's normal, every day thing this time of year...
Lucky me - I'm not there :-)

Are you ok?