Yesterday I had a rough day. Not the real kind of a rough day where folks feel very very sympathetic towards me. Maybe they'll find it funny. But it was rough for me.
So here is what happened:
- Tossed and turned all night so got up really late. For me it is 7:00 AM. Then I rushed out to work.
- Tried to apply makeup during the drive but my lipstick literally broke. I was lipstick-less all day. And the lip gloss was nowhere to be found.
- Ran into a ton of traffic. What takes me 30 minutes, took me an hour and a half.
- Called my Mom up on the phone and right when she was going to tell me some really juicy stuff, her phone batteries died. So the suspense almost killed me.
- There was some kind of motivational conference in Austin. So the traffic was horrendous. They should have stayed off the road I take but they didn't. Il Bastardo!
- Someone I know planned on attending the "motivational" meeting. But when she heard that over 12K people showed up for it, she said that it was motivational enough for her not to go. Why did this irk me? Because it made me laugh. And I did not want to laugh!
- I had a spat with my friend Carol. I was complaining/whining about how I only get about 20 hits a day on my blog. I can swear that at least 15 hits are from me! And did she care? Was she sympathetic to me? Did she feel my pain? Oh no. She smiled and said, "that's ok. Keep blogging. It could be worse. You could get no hits at all."
So Carol, are we on for lunch today?