Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Moo Moo!


So I recently ordered some cute little business cards from a company called moo. They are probably half the size of an actual business card. They have some of my photos on one side and the url and address info on the other side. I used 25 photos to create 100 moo cards.

Let me tell you. They are fabulous. They cost about 20-25 dollars plus shipping for a hundred cards.

If you are into blogging or photography or something else, this is a great marketing tool. Everyone I give it to loves it. And someone asks, can I have one more please?

No one ever asks me for an extra business card.

If I ask someone (like at a wine store) "Do you want a business card?" They are like err... But if I ask them, "Would you like a moo card?" Their eyes light up, they smile and say, "Sure! What's a moo card?"

I am not affiliated with the company in any way. So there is nothing in it for me. But I wanted to share this with you. In case you are tired of scribbling down the URL to your blog.

Having used this wonderful marketing tool, I would like to say that the page hits to my blog have quadrupedal. Like I said, I would like to say.... But they haven't.

No worries.

I am in the building process.

And it is so much fun.

What about you? Do you do any marketing for your blog?

Am I totally corrupted by Corporate culture and only think in terms of numbers?

8 comments:

Jodi said...

"Like I said, I would like to say.... But they haven't."

OMG! You are so funny my friend!! You always manage to crack me up. I'm all into it saying to myself, really? How cool! Then the next line. You had me going - just like with that photo essay on wanting. LOL!

I hope you have a terrific day today. Thanks about the well-wishes about my day at work. I'll email you about it.

Be safe & Enjoy my friend :)

PS - I have to check out that website. I think it is hysterical that you ask people if they want a moo card. LOL!

Scriber's Web said...

Ha ha! Thanks Jodi!

It also helps if you use your husky voice, pout and say, "Can I give you a moo card?" LOL. You should have seen the expression on the store owner's face.

mythopolis said...

Great! No, you are not corrupted. I think if you blog, it feels better to sense that you are not just blogging to yourself, and that others drop in to see what's going on. The card looks cool!

MsTypo said...

I love the idea of having a business card with photos on it! I haven't had new cards made in ages yet - I think i'll try that! :)

Laura Marchant said...

I haven't done anything outside of reading blogs. If I go to blogher this year I hear this is a must.

Scriber's Web said...

Mytho: Thanks for making me laugh everyday!

CT: I left a comment on your blog. Thanks for visiting!

MM: I am thinking about going to Blogher conf. next year too. Will let you know if I decide to go. I am already your fan but we can exchange moo cards:)

Carol said...

Moo cards are Da Bomb. Love the Moo cards. Gotta love da moo cards.

So far, I have made mini moos, regular sized moos, and postcards. Moo rocks!

Anonymous said...

I loved my Moos whee I had them, I even saw people using them in Kuwait :D

I right now go for the free Vista version with shipping costs of less than 5 dollars though.
I had to use so many in Kuwait, no way I could have used moos for that ;)