Friday, November 7, 2008

A Dream






Last night I had the most vivid and annoying dream. I was so annoyed that I was huffing and puffing and stormed out of the house to go to work.

Do you ever have these dreams where you get really really mad at someone for doing something to you in YOUR dream? Well I was pissed!

So here is my dream. I dreamed that my hubby and I went to this nice exotic resort for a vacation. Ok I know. It starts of well.

When we reached the lobby, my husband insisted on sending all the luggage to the room including my purse. I never ever part with my purse. I am just insecure about that. But I complied. Then he walked towards the lobby and all of a sudden all my in-laws started pouring in. He had invited all of them and all his buddies to our vacation. I was pissed.

And here is the part that pissed me off more. All of them ignored me and went away some place. Including my hubby. I was stranded in the hotel lobby with no clue what my room number was, where my purse was, had no money, no identification. I was terrified and did not know what to do. I was pissed at my husband for abandoning me.

So here is the thing about dreams. They have no logic. In reality, if that had happened to me, I would have talked to concierge, retrieved my purse and obtained my room number. Then I would go directly to the gift shop, purchase something very expensive and charge it to the room. After that, I would go to my room, and order the most expensive champagne and lobster. I would of course charge it to the room. Then I would curl up with a book.

But in my dream, I felt heartache and abandonment. I stood there for a while and ran around frantically in the hotel trying to find one familiar face. I could not. So I started crying.

And that is when I woke up. Angry at my hubby for abandoning me for his friends and family.

Good thing that he was sleeping when I left for work. Or I would have had the weirdest argument with him. And he would have no idea why I was so mad at him.


So here are some questions I've been pondering on.
  • What does the dream mean?
  • Why would I have a dream like that?
  • Have you eve had a dream where you wake up being very pissed?
  • Have I finally lost it?
  • Where should I go on vacation next year?
  • How am I going to make it through nablopomo?
If you have any clues, feel free to pass it on.


7 comments:

mythopolis said...

No, you are not losing it, but that was for sure quite a disturbing dream. I haven't any ideas about where you should take your next vacation. And as far as the noproblemo thing (is that how you spell it?) I hope you will continue blogging. As for the other questions, I think I will have to sleep on those and maybe dream up some answers. So, I'll get back to you on that.

Laura Marchant said...

I have had that happen before too. Or I wake up really upset and hurt and feel angry at someone for something they did in my dream.
If it's crazy then we will be in the looney bin together :-)

Anonymous said...

I have so many crazy dreams on a nightly basis, I don't think I can even begin to touch upon them. My husband however, once got mad at me for a dream he had in which I was cheating on him...when he woke up he shoved me and I didn't even understand why.

Jodi said...

What does the dream mean?
It is probably a series of events not related to your husband at all that you have thought about, seen or heard on TV or radio. If I speak to someone about something or someone that person turns up in a dream of mine. It is weird right? But it all can be connected in a non-connected sort of way.

Why would I have a dream like that?
I covered that in the first answer. LOL

Have you eve had a dream where you wake up being very pissed?
Yes, and it stayed with me most of the day.

Have I finally lost it?
Fortunately no, you have not lost it.

Where should I go on vacation next year?
Somewhere that your in-laws or friends cannot get to. LOL

How am I going to make it through nablopomo?
Scheduled posts...hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Ouch, what a nightmare!
Mh, I'm not sure every single dream means something, but this one could indicate that you sure DO need a little vacation and more time with hubby alone ;)
Go somewhere for a weekend, just the two of you & have some fun :)

Btw. it seems to be the days of weird dreams. Hubby had one last night & I did too. I woke up, heart pounding, dreamed of an Ex and some weird stuff to do with it (escaping a fire for one). Second dream was about a wall crushing down on me.
Hubby dreamed of me sitting somewhere alone, only with the dogs and crying my heart out.
Not a nice night. At all.

And no, didn't get pissed over a dream yet. After all, it's "only" a dream. But they sometimes make me think.
I dreamed of work Ex-colleagues for years. One of them was a friend of mine and we parted on not good bases over stupid stuff. We finally got in contact again last year and figured that it all was because of another girl intervening with crap. No dreams since then ;)

Take care, watch out & take some time off with hubby!

Melissa said...

Ugh! No fun. I don't know what it means, but I've definitely had those dreams before-- the ones where you cant shake the mad/sad/annoyed/whatever dream-feeling in real life. Sleep is exhausting. :)

mythopolis said...

Some dreams I can work with as food for thought about my waking life...and others are just odd and disconnected from my reality. I had a dream I was standing on a platform track in London waiting for a train. (I had never been to London) But it was with me the whole day..nothing to this dream except me standing there and yet it was so lucid I would swear I was actually there. I could sense the air and the way it smelled, and details about the surrounding. Today I still think that very train station is there and if I went over there I could find it!