Monday, November 3, 2008

Economy and Wine: II






I am finally delivering on my promise. I do care about the economy. And you my thousands and thousands of blog readers.

So yesterday, I finally picked up some cheap wine. Typically, when I am buying wine, I pick up my favorite (Woodbridge Chardonnay) and leave. On rare occasions, I'll pick up some fancy wine to try it out. Yesterday was a very special occasion. After all, the responsibility of the wine makers, wine drinkers, and the economy world-wide rested on my shoulders.

So I paid special attention to all the wines that were available. And let me tell you, the wine makers must get kudos for coming up with wine names. I can write months of posts on just the wine names. You won't believe me if I tell you. I'll just have to post photos.

I picked this nice wine, S.O.B. Sun of a beach. Cost? $ 6.98. It is a nice Cabernet made in California. Wouldn't it make a wonderful statement if I gifted the wine to certain SOBs in my life?" I got you wine. S.O.B." In the name of economy, I encourage you to buy the wine and give it to all the SOBs in your life.

But I digress.

I took photos of the wine and opened it up. I was planning on drinking it all but my hubby jumped on my "let's save the economy" bandwagon. So I had to share.

I took a sip and actually liked it. Now here is where you are expecting me to say clever stuff like how fruity it was, how I could taste the grapes from Tuscany, and how I could taste a hint of cinnamon so here goes. Blah, blah, blah. It was decent wine. I wish I knew about it when I was watching the Vice Presidential debates and I was playing the drinking game.

S.O.B. Can the election end NOW?

So there you have it. Drop whatever it is you are doing right now and go buy the S.O.B wine. Buy it for yourself, for relatives, for in-laws, for frenemies, for the wine makers, and for the economy.

Together, we can save the economy.


4 comments:

Jodi said...

You should be very proud of yourself for contributing to the economy. Also, you are giving very necessary advice to your friends in blogland.

We can save the world...one bottle of SOB at a time! Cheers my friend!

Scriber's Web said...

LOL Jodi! That's my new vision statement... Saving the world one bottle of SOB at a time!

Have a great Monday!

mythopolis said...

"First you drink the wine, then the wine drinks the wine, then the wine drinks you."

Anonymous said...

Way to help. Are the SOBs going to be a staple in the Scriber household?