Sunday, November 23, 2008

London Skyline Photo




Here is a beautiful photo of the Tower of London. I took this photo a few years ago when I went to London.



But look at this one. On the right side of the photo you can see the Tower of London. But what the heck is in the center? Can any one tell me about it? Someone told me that it might be the Financial Center. Is that true? Hello European friends! Can you please enlighten me?

Does it look Austin Powerish to you or is it just me? It also seems like such a culture clash!

Check this one out... Is it just me?


Maybe I am too self-absorbed. I hate these photos. But am I wrong about this? Maybe I am only looking at it from a photographer's point of view. It messes up my photos. How dare they build something that mars my photos!

The tip is everywhere!

The tip is everywhere!

Ok.

On a brighter note, the romance between the Purple Cowboy and the Good Daughter is brewing in the Wine Operaland. I personally have a virtual crush on the Purple Cowboy. If I was the Good Daughter, I'd stop playing hard to get. But anyways.

I'll post the wine opera every monday. At least for a few weeks. I never intended for this to be an ongoing thing. But looking for funny wine names is like being pregnant. You see pregnant women everywhere! I think I can continue for a few weeks.

I am hoping that sooner or later I run out of funny wine names.

So what was I writing about? Oh yeah. Check out the London Skyline.

Happy Sunday!

13 comments:

Jodi said...

It looks like a torpedo standing upright. Hehehe

So you have the hots for the Purple Cowboy huh? Does your hubby know? LOL!

I hope that you are enjoying your Sunday. I got up early so I can get stuff done. I was a bum yesterday and avoided doing my work.

Have a great Sunday my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, London's one place I sure would love to go.

What that Easter egg thing is? No clue.
Have you checked London's homepage to try to find out or wiki?

And yeah, more wine on Mondays :D

Scriber's Web said...

Jodi: It looked really strange. As far my thing goes, I guess we are a dysfunctional family. He has a bird who thinks she is his girlfriend and I have a thing for the Purple Cowboy... a wine. LOL. We are crazy!

Nicole: London is fantastic. No I haven't looked it up on wikipedia because I am too lazy. Plus how do I search for "the thing that looks like a torpedo or even worse in london". I'll ask someone I know who lives there right now.

Anonymous said...

The building in the center is called the Gherkin...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_St_Mary_Axe

Ballerina Girl said...

It is a huge clash of old vs. new...
never been to London, but hoping to get there one day. Don't know why, but it is just not on the top of my list!
BG

mythopolis said...

As I recall it had to do with a NASA incident a few years back that was hardly covered by the press for fear it would hurt NASA future funding. Evidently one of the shuttles had an instrument malfunction and inadvertently brought the ship down near the Tower of London. It wasn't there long before blasting off again...but it tore up the royal lawn and NASA had to send a landscape crew over to make things right. That's about all I know of the incident except that most known photographs such as yours have been confiscated by the CIA

Anonymous said...

As TS said, it's the Gherkin. It's actually quite cool building. They've got their own ecosystem in there. It acts like it's own rainforest and has some great stuff inside there. I had a couple of meetings there when I was living in the UK.

Mrsbear said...

You're right, that thing looks like a weird bullet or a rocket. A little out of place, but I guess most new buildings would be. I'd love to go to London one day.

BLOGitse said...

That's a bullet...from Mars ready go back when tired to be here..or there...London...

or it's...but I can't say it here. There are lots of them all over...but this one is...
oops! sorry scriBEr, it was my turn! hahah...

Have a great day...or night...

What's our time difference?? Anybody??? nicole, you should know! :-)

BLOGitse said...

scriber do you have lot of blogging friends? hm...IF you have one or two, pls ask them too, as well as you, visit my blog to GIVE A COMMENT...
'Finland at Expo 2010 Shanghai, China…'

There's a VIDEO, 2 mins - I'd like to hear..no, READ your comments...What do you, over there, far away, think about Finnish...No, I will not say more. Pls come and say hello and your comments. AND be honest!!!

ps. tell your friends to add a secret word, "scriber", somewhere in the comment, then I know they are your friends, ok? :-) Let's have FUN!

Eiri said...

There seems to be an epidemic of these kind of buildings...There's one in Barcelona, Spain, called Agbar Tower, Park Towers financial buildings in Dubai...All designed by men - what does that tell you, ladies...? I'll be off touring New Zealand and Australia this coming Sunday (5weeks on the road!) - I wonder if I shall find any over there...

Scriber's Web said...

TS: Thanks for the info! I knew that you would know what this is. Stay warm and have fun in London!

BG: London was never on top of my list but I had a great time over there. There is something for everyone there!

M: Should I be worried?

txaggiechick: I should have asked you! Do you have any photos of what the building looks like from the inside?

Mrsbear: I was thinking of something else but then I have a dirty mind. LOL.

Blogitse: I'd love to look at the video and post comments. I'll ask my friends about it also. I really don't know much about Finland so this will be great!

Eiri: How exciting that you are traveling to New Zealand and Australia. Do you have a blog? Hope you take tons of photos! And have a fabulous time!

Anonymous said...

Me? Timezones? No clue :)
But they do:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/