Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Boys


The boys are back in town.

For those who don't know, both my sons are in college and are back home for Spring break.

Life is good.

This blog, which I started to get over my empty nest syndrome, will definitely be on a back burner this week.

I am back to being a full time mom. Only this time it entails helping them with their resumes, practicing on interviewing skills, and then just hanging out with them.

If you've raised kids, remember that when they were young, they would insist that you sit with them while they were watching Barney or Sesame Street? Well this weekend I had to watch a movie on TV with them. The name escapes me right now. But it was funny.

And I am having a blast!

11 comments:

Sumit said...

Cool! Have fun... we'll miss you, but I'm sure you'll be more charged up to write once you get back!

mythopolis said...

Ha ha...good for you, Scriber! Have fun! By the way which of the boys wears the yellow shoes? : )

Unknown said...

It's great when kids come home to stay for a while. :) enjoy yourself!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are having a wonderful time.
It makes me happy to read whenever you write something about your boys.
But boy, are their feet huge or what?!

(WW slyworgi - who is slyworgi?! ;)

Laura Marchant said...

Oh have fun! We'll see ya when you get back.

Mrsbear said...

Yay, hanging with the boys sounds fabulous. Enjoy some reconnecting and reminiscing...

Betty said...

Awww enjoy your boys!

Scriber's Web said...

Sauron: I'll be around. Just not that much. The blogging world is addicting:)

Mytho: Ha ha. Those are my shoes. I put them out there for context. I can't believe my babies grew up!

Lisachaos: Yes it is a lot of fun. It is also good to see all their friends. I am having fun!

Nicole: Their feet are HUGE! I cannot believe they are my babies. I'll write more about them soon. Really glad you enjoy reading about them. I love writing about them:) They are too funny. Slyworgi is my secret boyfriend. He keeps popping up everywhere. Just don't tell my hubby about him:)

MM: Can't wait to meet with you at BlogHer. I should register soon:)

MrsBear: Grown up kids are so much fun! They don't even "allow" me to do their laundry anymore:)

Betty: I am having so much fun with them. Just to know that they are sleeping upstairs gives me joy and peace:) Yep. Sounds cheesy but is true.

BLOGitse said...

oh, the size of the shoes!
and not so many years ago they had those tiny little ones...

ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

have fun, and we'll see you when you get back!

Jodi said...

Have a fabulous time with the boys!!! I'm so happy they came home for spring break!