Friday, March 27, 2009

Junk


Junk is everywhere. What do you do with your junk?

One man in my town created a Cathedral of Junk in his backyard. I've heard of it but never visited. Well this weekend, I am going to visit it and take some photos. My friend Carol inspired me to go there.

So obviously I am dragging her with me there. Hopefully, she will give in to my manipulations and mind games and just come with me. It is so much fun taking photos with a friend.

After that, I am hoping to go to a place called Smut Heaven. Another person who created artwork in backyard using junky stuff.

So happy Friday everybody! I hope you have wonderful plans for the weekend. I know I am going to be shooting junk and flowers. Quite opposites but it will be fun.

And not to mention this top secret and very exciting collaboration project I am doing with another bloggy friend. So stay tuned for lots of interesting photos.

What are your plans?

5 comments:

mythopolis said...

I hope the government is not paying for these junkets!

Scriber's Web said...

Mythos: No... no one is paying or profiting from these. It is free to visit. This is just their hobby. An outlet for their creativity. To me, it is easy to take photos of a beautiful person or a flower and get great results. But how do you take trash/junk and make it a piece or art? Not that is real talent:)

BLOGitse said...

your junk is beautiful...

weekend plans? nothing special...mostly relaxing...

mythopolis said...

Don't get me wrong, I am a closet junkie...in fact, if it wasn't for junk, I wouldn't have any furniture..I am a junk yard dog....I've even got junk in the trunk! : )

Unknown said...

Yay for art, photo projects and plans :)!
Now I wish someone would tell Hungarians that you can make art out of junk ;)

Our plans? Maybe some garden work tomorrow. Today chilling :)