Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hail Event!


Yesterday we had a hail storm.

I had just come back from work and I kept hearing this random thuds. I asked my hubby what it was and he said, "Oh probably some tree or bird."

Minutes later the hail started pelting down. It was loud and huge! It was really this big! I ran to grab my camera and my heart just stopped.

As photographers, real or pretend, you need to always be prepared to take a photo. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.

Well guess what? The battery in my camera had very little juice, the memory was which is usually in the camera was not in.

So I told my hubby, "Go get some hail! Put it in the freezer! I need it for my blog!" And he did. It is still in my freezer and I will take some photos after work for you guys.

I did manage to take a couple of photos for you.

And now I am going to check if my car had hail damage. Wish me luck!

10 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Holy crackers!

BLOGitse said...

you're funny!
what you're going to do with those drops? they melt very quick - so check that your battery is full, memory...you know! :)

Ballerina Girl said...

fun! hail is such a strange thing for me...just seems like the skies got all mixed up...not sure whether to rain or snow! hahaha
I like the last foto of the iris...
BG

Unknown said...

Shucks!
Those ARE huge!
Can't believe you told hubby to put some in the freezer :D
Hope your car is alright!

Sumit said...

Ooh! Those hail stones look pretty big to me.

A couple of years ago, I remember a hailstone in my city that left a lot of cracked windshields and dented vehicle bodies in its wake...

mythopolis said...

Hail, yes! I don't know what the hail is goin' on down there in Texas, but I sure as hail, hope yer car is ok. "Stop drop, and roll, don't work in hail.!" (My momma tol' me that.) All I know in that kind of situation, is 'Hail, Mary!' Just stopped by to say, "hail..oh", and proud to meet yer acquaintance, Ma'am.

Rebecca said...

This storm was such a blast!

I found your blog through a link and was impressed. The Cathedral is so fantastic! I could have stayed there all day and still not noticed everything. Thank you for following me too. Critiques are always welcome. :)

Scriber's Web said...

MM: Yep. Very crazy stuff!

Blogitse: I freeze it. And I will never ever make the same mistake with my camera stuff! My bad. I should know better!

BG: Thanks! What is amazing is how perfectly round they are. How does that happen?

Nicole: Ha! Everyone is asking me about my car. What about me??? A huge hail hit me on my head and I almost became a normal person for 5 minutes. But I am back to my crazy self now:)

Sauron: Fortunately we were lucky. There were a lot of cars damaged but my car survived:)

Mythos: In Texas, we say Hail-ooooooh....

Rebecca: Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I am going to the Cathedral this weekend and looking forward to it. You have a great blog and am looking forward to reading your posts. Nice to get to know another local blogger:)

Unknown said...

I'm glad it didn't have no long lasting effects on you ;)

Scriber's Web said...

Yes Thank God! Being normal is so overrated!