Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sun Flower


Yesterday I was all set to go to the Cathedral of junk. Until I stepped into my back yard. It was a gorgeous, gorgeous day. And my garden was crying for help.

So I decided to work on it. I cleaned up my little veggie garden. I trimmed bushes and replanted some geraniums. And the next thing I knew, it was afternoon. But I was excited. I had a flower bed and my veggie garden ready.

I asked my hubby to drive me to a plant store to pick up some veggie plants. I promised myself that I would only buy what I could plant this weekend. And I almost kept the promise.

I got Jalapeno peppers, Serrano peppers, Beef tomatoes (what the heck is that?), some other tomato, squash and some seeds for cayenne pepper. Based on my years of experience in planting veggies, nothing ever will come out of it. They will die, get eaten by slugs or just disappear. But don't give me any sympathy. I consider it my contribution to the environment.

After all, the slugs got to live too. Right?

I did get some time to take photos of flowers for the flower contest. In the morning I did great. But in the afternoon, I over experimented and the photos did not look that great. Oh well...

I am also working on a top secret project with a bloggy friend. I think I've hit a jackpot. It was a minor project of collaboration. But oh my God. It is simply mind boggling. Of course I'll share the artwork as we make more progress. Stay tuned.

And I am off to plant the veggies. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Have you seen my post today? I am so jealous you are out planting! I planted grass seed last weekend and I think it was all for nothing after today.

Sumit said...

I love nicely maintained gardens, as long as I don't have to do the maintaining. :D

But yes, I'm glad you care for the slugs. :)

mythopolis said...

Last summer, I can't tell you how much time I spent caring for, and watering a bell pepper plant. It yielded two peppers. Meanwhile, at the produce stand a half-mile down the road, they have got bells in bushel baskets...and quite cheap too! So will I do that again? Of course! : )

Mrsbear said...

I tried my hand at tomatoes last year and it...well, they grew, gotten eaten by birds (or possibly squirrels) then promptly shriveled up and died. Oh well, I blame my black thumb of plant death. :(

Betty said...

I wish you lots of luck. I've never been very good at gardening lol!

BLOGitse said...

good luck!
i don't have a green thumb...
beef tomatoes - they are the big ones..really good with mozzarella, black pepper and fresh basil, nam!

Ballerina Girl said...

Pretty picture...
sounds like you are a contributing member to the Green Society! Yay, go green!
Funny the feeling we have that we "have" to buy something because everyone else is and my gosh, so cheap for jars :)
Have a great week!
BG

Unknown said...

Pics naturally will not turn out so great when you get tired ;)
Looking forward to see them.

Glad you could work in the yard. I guess the good weather went to you this time ;)
Ours just sucked :)

I love the sunflower shot!

Ever tried some tricks for the slugs?
There are little plastic containers and such you can easily put in there. I would have to look it up, but let me know if you need to know :)